We’re back today with a roundup of our favorite healthy bariatric snacks…sweet snacks! It can be tough to find foods that work for you post-surgery, but we want you to think about all the foods you can eat instead of what you cannot.
Blue Diamond 100 Calorie Almonds (plain, dry roasted, vanilla, chocolate)
- Sweet, crunchy, satisfying and delicious? Sign us up! These portion-controlled almonds are perfect to throw into your handbag or lunch bag, don’t need refrigeration and are the perfect boost of protein and fiber.
- Having easily accessible snacks for on-the-go hunger is so important. You never want to get so hungry that you will eat the first thing you find. Planning ahead is key, and find shelf-stable snacks are great.
- Sample them all and find the flavor you love best!
RAP Protein Gummies (cherry, strawberry, citrus, mixed berry)
- If you’re looking for a delicious way to get more protein into your diet (sweetly!) look no further. These gummies are tasty and are packed with good-for-you protein that’s super important after surgery.
- Be sure to chew each very well.
- We have each of the flavors in the office for you to try!
Bariatric Fusion Gummies
- These sugar free soft chews are perfect for getting in your very important vitamins and minerals, and still enjoying something sweet!
- Just like the protein gummies, be sure to chew them very well.
Now that we’ve shared a few of our favorite sweet snacks, let’s talk about how to transport them!
Fit & Fresh Smart Portion Chill Containers
- These containers come with a removable cold pack to keep cold food cold. Food safety is important as ever, so be sure you are paying attention to how long foods that need refrigeration are out of the fridge.
- Perfect for transporting your breakfast Greek yogurt!
- The colorful tops help you to keep different foods in each container for easy planning.
- veggies in green
- protein in orange
- fruits in pink
- These have pre-marked measures for easy portion control.
- It’s always best to measure your foods, and this takes the guess work out of it
We’d love to hear from you! What are your favorite snacks? And your favorite snack holders? Let us know in the comments below!