Join a Growing, Diverse Team!
We offer flexibility and work-life balance.
At Weight Zen, we are committed to compassionately helping people with their weight loss needs. From mindful eating and bariatric surgery to the latest in medical weight loss and interventional therapies, we employ a variety of tools and treatments tailored to each individual patient to help them reach their weight loss goals. Bariatric surgeon Dr. Daniel Rosen founded Weight Zen on the basis that weight loss is not just a procedure or a treatment, but a lifestyle choice and a very personal and individualized undertaking. Along with his partner, Dr. Lael Forbes, the Weight Zen team supports each patient at every step of the way using the very best and latest in weight loss interventions and medicine. Our office is located on the Upper East Side of New York City.
Choose your hours – work full or part-time.
Make an Impact
Weight Zen improves people’s lives – be part of that.
Work from Home
Hybrid or fully-remote work will be considered for candidates.
Open Position: Licensed Nurse Practitioner
Weight Zen seeks a licensed Nurse Practitioner to join its thriving weight loss management practice. An NP in this role will work one-on-one with patients to reach their weight loss goals and to provide a holistic treatment plan for each patient, using the best standards of care in weight loss medicine and state-of-the-art treatments.
We are open to candidates interested in full-time or part-time work, with the possibility for hybrid or fully remote work.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Licensure in one or more of the following states: NY, NJ, CT, FL, CA.
- Board certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Active DEA and CDS certification or eligibility for credentialing.
- Two or more years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner at a physician practice or in a hospital within a clinical setting.
- Experience in bariatric, weight management, and/or obesity medicine is preferred though not required.
- Knowledge of new weight loss medicines and their clinical applications is preferred though not required.
- Understanding of endocrine systems as they pertain to weight management is a plus.
- Experience and/or interest in cosmetic procedures including botox, liposuction, laser/IPL treatments, skin tightening procedures, and facial rejuvenation is a plus.
- Knowledge of bariatric procedures for weight loss is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an empathic outlook with a desire to help people on their weight loss journey.
- Excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care.
- Ability to perform a comprehensive patient history and physical examination.
- Ability to manage and coordinate a patient caseload.
- Ability to work with an EMR.
- A sound understanding of all pertinent federal and state regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Perform in-person and/or telehealth assessments of existing patients and new patient candidates for weight loss medicine and/or bariatric procedures related to weight loss:
- Implement motivational interviewing techniques for weight loss patients.
- Perform patient background assessments based on: weight history, medical history, surgical history, family history, nutrition and eating patterns, physical activity, medications, sleep history, limitations.
- Perform patient physicals as necessary: comprehensive physical exam, review body systems, assess body composition using best practice measures (BMI, waist circumference etc.).
- Write orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic tests.
- Administer medications as necessary, and teach patients to do the same.
- Review laboratory and other diagnostic test results and implement modifications in care as necessary.
- Initiate, document and communicate a plan of care tailored to each individual patient.
- Undertake/ensure follow-up and recurring appointments to support each patient through their weight loss journey.
- Develop and cultivate a patient portfolio over time.
- Provide preoperative management and weight loss management of bariatric patients in collaboration with Drs. Rosen and Forbes.
- Document all activity in EMR.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Full-time hirees receive comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K).
Interested? Apply Now
"*" indicates required fields